It’s hard to say what is most exciting about Motecta Trium Vocum:
1) the wonderful music by Kevin Allen, music that is new, beautiful, and easy to sing for liturgy,
2) the practice videos that have been produced to go along with this new polyphony,
3) the appearance of Watershed as a new publisher of Catholic sacred music,
4) the method of distribution, which gives away vast amounts of this wonderful music online, both in the form of tutorials and actual sheet music, or
5) the emergence of the great Kevin Allen from obscure genius to public figure.
Watershed is smashing models with an eye to progress, and pointing the way to the future. The publication of this collection of motets is truly a watershed.