Although many of the unique musical elements of the Palm Sunday liturgy are found in the new edition of the Roman Missal, all of the chants lack musical settings of the Psalm verses which are to be sung by the cantor or choir. Similarly, many of the antiphons for the procession and entrance are found in the Missal in text only.
The Lumen Christi Missal sets all of the texts that the congregation may sing in simple English chant, and the cantor score posted here provides the complete corresponding musical complement for the cantor and choir.
Download it here:
This edition includes simple English chant settings for:
- Hosanna filio David (English and Latin)
- The two Pueri Hebraeorum antiphons (English and Latin) with English verses
- Hymn to Christ the King (English and Latin) with English verses
- The Responsory from the Missal for entrance into the Church (English)
- A full setting of the Entrance Antiphon for the Simple Entrance with congregational refrain (English)
- Chanted Responsorial Psalm from the Lectionary
- Lenten Gospel Acclamation with the Christus factus est Gospel Verse in through-composed chant (English)
- Offertory Antiphon (English, congregation-friendly)
- Communion Antiphon (English, congregation-friendly)
Similar editions for the Sacred Paschal Triduum will be posted this week.
Holy Week is full of treasures that many parishes have never experienced. This year your parish can take a step closer to singing what the Roman Rite asks us to sing, and at no cost to you.