- Responsorial Psalm: "Father, into your hands"
- Verse Before the Gospel: (Christus factus est) with through-composed verse based upon the Gregorian original, yet simplified
- The acclamations for the Showing of the Cross from the Roman Missal
- The chants for the Adoration of the Holy Cross:
- "We adore your Cross, O Lord" (Crucem tuam), with verse
- The Reproaches in a simplified setting derived from the Graduale Romanum
- Crux Fidelis, in English, as found in the Roman Missal
- A setting of Psalm 22 (21) for use during Communion
Many have been asking for an English setting of the Reproaches. How many times have you heard them sung, even at all, during the Adoration of the Cross? Have you ever?
The Roman Missal provides no musical setting for this text, and very few settings have appeared since the publication of the new Missal. Here is your chance to sing the texts that the Church prescribes and that the Missal of Paul VI envisions to be sung during the most sacred Good Friday liturgy.