A One-day Experience of Gregorian Chant and PolyphonyThe Summer Sacred Music Workshop is a one-day workshop where you will learn about the Ancient Gregorian Chant and other forms of Catholic Liturgical Music. The workshop is open to all who have an interest in the history and application of music in the liturgy; Catholics, non-Catholics, priests, deacons, religious, choir directors, singers, etc.
- Training in Gregorian Chant under professional church musicians, with choices of a chant class for beginners, and courses for advanced men or women.
- Keynote lecture by Rev. David Carter, JCL, entitled: Re-discovery of the Church’s Sacred Tradition: II Kings 22
- A panel discussion on the Liturgy and Sacred Music
- Choral experience with one of the two choirs; a beginning polyphony choir or a choir for more experienced singers.
- A Sung Mass in the Novus Ordo where you can apply what you learn.
- A music packet including all the chants, motets and other helpful resources.
August 15, 2015
Our Lady of the Mountains Roman Catholic Church