The conference is a project of the Southeastern chapter of the Church Music Association of America, and features CMAA leaders among its faculty, including Dr. Jennifer Donelson, Andrew Leung, and Bruce Ludwick.
The conference is hosted at the magnificent Cathedral of Sts. Peter and Paul on July 22-23 (Friday and Saturday), and includes instruction in the following areas:
- learn to read and sing Gregorian chant (or further develop your chanting ability), under the direction of Dr. Jennifer Donelson
- gain the skills and tools to immediately improve your parish music program, guided by the wisdom of the Second Vatican Council and
- explore repertory options (many of them available at no cost) for the Ordinary Form of the Mass, no matter what your parish or choir situation
- study special topics, including sacred polyphony, use of the organ, restoring Catholic tradition to the funeral Mass, and a session for clergy with Father David Carter, and
- participate in a solemn Vespers and solemn sung Mass and hear the basilica’s majestic pipe organ in recital.